In a desert village, water is scarce. The village, however, sits atop a network of catacombs and ancient aqueducts. These dungeons are controlled by demons who hoard water.
The village is in constant war with the demons to have access to enough water to drink and raise crops. Children with an aptitude for magic are groomed to become Aquarii, warriors who battle the demons to control the water infrastructure for the village.
Enter Yucca -- an Aquarius who has just completed their training and is about to enter the danger zone. As a player, you will help them, grow with them, and together uncover the truth behind the demons. Other playable characters are planned, either with games in the series focusing on them or as a choice of character in a playthrough.
The game should play like a typical real-time roguelike -- think Phantasy Star Online, Dark Cloud, Diablo, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
Mechanics of note:
- Submarines, globular gems found in the reservoirs and aqueducts that augment abilities
- Limited number of deaths
- Lore discovery (logbook a la Metroid Prime)
- Customizable/chainable magic (Crystal Chronicles/Kingdom Hearts)
- Alternate dungeon routes (encourage exploration for all lore + item discovery)
- Multiplayer would be great
- Class: Aquarius
- Weapon: Mace