This is based on a Polish-style recipe that we found online, with some customizations! Makes approx. 4 servings.
- 1x small-medium yellow onion
- 1x medium-large carrot
- 1x large russet potato
- 1x daikon radish
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups water or stock
- 1/4 cup dill pickle brine
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice all the veggies, keeping the onion and carrot separate from the radish and potato.
- Put the carrot and onion in a large skillet or stock pot with the oil to sweat.
- Once the onions and carrots start to get tender, add the potato and half of the radish along with the water or stock, pickle juice, and diced pickles.
- Let simmer covered until the potatoes and radish are done.
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve with yogurt or sour cream, top with more pickles and some of the raw radish.