mushroom tofu salad
This quick and simple meal is a perfect to-go lunch on its own or as a sandwich; packed with protein and micronutriets! Serves two.
- 8 oz tofu
- 6 - 8 baby portabella (aka crimini/button) or (large) shitake mushrooms
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (can omit if using a high-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayo or Majestic Creamy Garlic spread
- Dice the tofu and tomato and slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Throw them in a large skillet with the olive oil, salt, curry powder, and soy sauce/aminos.
- Sautée on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until tofu cubes just start to get brown on the edges.
- Transfer to a serving/mixing bowl and toss with the mayo or garlic spread; add more curry or raw tomato as desired.
- Serve solo, as a sandwich or taco, or with noodles!