When your immune system needs a pick me up, go no further than this hardcore medicinal tea which we lovingly call "intense tea". Fresh garlic is definitely a hard requirement for this. The ginger and turmeric should be fresh if you can swing it, but powdered works in a pinch.
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh or 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh or 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a sprinkle of black pepper
- 2 tsp any kind of carrier fat (olive oil, coconut oil, cream, coconut milk, etc.)
- 10-12oz water (a standard coffee mug)
- Put the water on to boil.
- Mince the garlic, ginger, turmeric, etc and put in the bottom of a mug with the other spices.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil, pour into the mug.
- Add the lemon juice and the oil (or what have you) and stir.
- Let steep 10 minutes or so before drinking. Beware -- it's powerful! Take it slow and don't drink too much at a time. You can drink half of it and store the rest in the fridge for the next day!